Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

And a one, and a two, and a three...

I haven't felt much like blogging lately. Don't know what to say really. Too much to actually go and do, not enough time to take life and make it into a blog post. So let me just a quick bullet posts of some things that pop into mind, and hopefully it will at least entertain you all. =o)

  • I asked our Compassion child to pray for us, because Texas is in a seriously bad drought. Ever since I asked him and his family to pray for us, it rained HUGELY and unexpectedly one night, and now we have a tropical storm possibly headed our way. I should have put him and his family on prayer detail months ago. ;o)
  • Abby started a running program. I had hoped it would be a good experience for her. Sadly, she hates it. Not because of the running, but because of one rude and mean little girl. Sigh. Why do girls have to be like that? From childhood and even into adulthood we tear each other down and just try to break each other. Why is that? It hurts me to see Abby hurting because of another person's mean words. We talked about how important it was for her to keep showing this girl kindness and to keep her heart turned towards God - that maybe she would be an example to this other little girl in her attitude and faith. I told her that the other little girl probably isn't upset about being mean to others, and so Abby shouldn't let her mean words hurt her so deeply and let her day be ruined by someone else like that. I told her Jesus gives people different gifts, and so what if that girl is good at running? Good for her, but Abby has other gifts and as long as her heart is turned after Christ then she is seeking after the more important things. I still wanted to go punch that little girl though. And her mom. Sigh. See what I mean?! haha.
  • I bought a new coffee maker. My little cheap one lasted me 2.5 years. But it was taking far too long to brew coffee, and the process of cleaning that sucker well enough to get it to make coffee even reasonably fast was not worth how much I paid for it. So I went and bought myself a bigger cheap coffee maker for $24. haha! Lets see if this one can outlast the little one!
  • I ordered a new bedroom set for us, for our new bed we are getting next week. I wasn't going to get it quite yet, but the one I was keeping an eye on went on clearance today for 50% off and I was worried it would be gone next week, so I went ahead and grabbed it. It is so beautiful and just rich. I love love love fall colors, and this comforter just oozes fall out of its being. I love it. Come this time next week I will be wrapping myself up in fall wonderfulness, in my bed if not in the weather here. We still have several months of summer left in these parts. By winter I might get some fall like temperatures! =o)
  • I am coming to realize that while knowledge is important and good to have, love is much more so. How often have I sought after an intellectual knowledge of God, and neglected loving Him and loving others in His name? I missed the bigger picture for years. I hope I can slowly remedy that and keep turning my heart closer and closer to my Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment