Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

VocabularySpellingCity


Some of you may know, that Abby has a horrible time with spelling. HORRIBLE! So when an email in my inbox this morning was offering me a 1 year membership for my review of a spelling and vocabulary online program, I jumped on it. Hopefully we will begin this soon, and I will be able to let you all know how it works for us, and what we all think about it. Below is the disclosure I am required to give you all. =o)
 
Disclosure:
I've been given a Premium Membership to VocabularySpellingCity.com for a candid, personal, online review.
VocabularySpellingCity.com helps students study word lists using 25 different learning activities such as Vocabulary Test, Word UnScramble and Word Search.  Parents can create their own spelling lists, find published lists already available on the site or use any of the dozens of  free teaching resources such as compound words and math academic vocabulary.  Be sure to come back in three weeks to read about my experience.
There might be more free memberships available for bloggers.  If you're interested, find out how you can review VocabularySpellingCity.com.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I hadn't heard of this!

    F is in 2nd grade this year, and we hadn't tried to tackle spelling until now. We're using the All About Spelling program with great success (she got a 100 on her first test today!), but it's always nice to see what other options are out there in case we need them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year we tried All About Spelling and it was just too much for me! It was a wonderful program, and I wish we could have made it work (I'm still sad we aren't using it), but Will is very destructive (haha) and he likes to sit with us while we do work, and it was very difficult to keep on track with him. This is something Abby can do more independently, and she does great with computer work. We will see what happens!

    ReplyDelete