Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I hurt in places I didn't even know could be sore

And I am completely exhausted.

I have spent the majority of the day cleaning things and moving around furniture. The rest of the day was spent chauffeuring Abby to gymnastics, running errands for my Adam, and picking up some much needed food.

You see, we live in a very small 2 bedroom apartment. We had discussed moving into a rental house when our lease was up last month, but we decided to stick through another year and then get a rental or find some other options. Apparently we underestimated some changes Will was about to be going through, and now he is absolutely crazy and destructive (a 2 year old boy destructive? How did we not see this coming?) and he and Abby just could NOT share a room for one more day. Unfortunately, we have had him in our room before too and that is equally insane and inhibitive, so we had to improvise. Basically, Will lives in the living room now, haha. Yay! His toy shelves line one wall and his mattress is shoved behind the couch to be pulled out at night, but its only for a year. We make it through the year and then we can get the kids into their own rooms. Since we moved Will out of Abby's room, I decided Adam and I should get the master bedroom back and Abby could have the smaller room now since she wasn't sharing anymore. Good idea, but a lot lot lot of work. Its mostly done though. Everything is an absolute mess but the furniture and stuff is moved into the correct room at least. A lot of Abby's things are old hand me downs and starting to wear out, so a lot of her furniture is just getting tossed and I am looking for some new things to purchase for her room. She is very excited to be getting her room back to herself and to get to fix it up now. She has been asking for posters - ah the poster phase! I so remember that as a kid and on into my teenage years. I can't believe she is old enough to be plastering her wall from floor to ceiling with magazine cutouts and cheap posters, haha.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to. Will doesn't seem to mind his new sleeping and living arrangements, Abby is thrilled, and Adam and I are just glad they are separated right now. Hopefully Abby will be able to get some peace now and have a place to escape to when Will is on the prowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment