Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Beginning and The End

This week has been so filled. Death, and life, and hope for the future. Within a one week time frame I have felt so many emotions.

A dear friend of my husband's lost his brother last week. It is so hard for me to express in person my sympathy, or to provide any sort of comfort to those who are grieving. I can write it out, I can make cake pops for the reception, but I don't know how to speak anything to those who need it. And maybe, that's ok. Maybe they don't need me to speak anything to them. The Lord will place the right people and the right words in their path.

Shortly after learning of this, we then learned my sister was having her baby. And oh he is precious! I love that little boy so very much, and can not wait to get to meet him.

In addition to that, we then learned that my parents are looking to build a new house, and aren't ready to sell their current home due to the way the market is right now. So as long as everything works out, then when their house is built we will be moving into their current house! Just when we thought we would be staying in this apartment yet another year, God plops a home right into our laps. Here is a picture of the house from a couple years ago when we got snow here in Texas, haha.


We are all exhausted from this past week. Ready to move forward and still lingering in the sadness and emotional ups and downs we have experienced. All of this really puts life into perspective.


Rest in peace Matt. I know we personally didn't know one another, but your brother has been such a good friend to Adam, and from stories I have heard you were a fun filled and wonderful person. I am so glad you knew and loved Jesus, and I can only remain in the hope that you are in His presence now and are at peace. We are praying for your family Matt. I know they love and miss you so much and are hurting, but we have our hope in Christ, and not in this world.




Welcome to the world Easton. I pray that you will get to know and love Jesus with all your heart, and that you will be a servant here on this Earth for Christ. I love you my sweet and beautiful nephew, and I will be here to love you and guide you and pray with you and spoil you with presents. You are fearfully and wonderfully made, and I hope you will always know it.




For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment