Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Being a Christian

Have any of you read the book Radical?

If you haven't, you need to. I have it linked over in my side bar under currently reading and recommended reading. Its definitely worth a read - more than that - its a must read. There will be times you want to put it down. There will be times you don't like what the author has to say. There will be times you feel very uncomfortable in your very sinful skin. But you know what? We need to hear it. We need to know how we are failing. We need to know what is at stake by our laziness and apathy. We need to realize the radical nature of Christ - and of being a Christian.

On another note, this past couple weeks has been rough. So much going on. Illness, worry, death, life, loss, gain, hope, fear. Its all there. This week for me has contained so many things to cause me to look at my life and at those people around me, and just feel a longing to do more and love more and give more. Even just at home - to be a loving wife and mother. To make use of my time in a way that benefits my family, shows my love, teaches and shows Christ, and lets them know how dearly I hold them all. If I know you, in any way, or even if I don't, please know that you are loved. Our amazing God loves you, just as he loves all of humanity and longs for us to be in Him and to respond to him and come back to Him. And not only that, but I love you, and so do a lot of other people. Just know that. I am going to close with a song that I hold very close to my heart. It reminds me of how much I need Christ, how much we all do, and how he longs for us to be restored to Him.





No comments:

Post a Comment