Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Perfection-ista

My Abby girl, is a perfection-ista. (Yes. I made up a word.) She is the absolute definition of a perfectionist, but with a much higher level of drama and flair than I have ever encountered before. So this is her new dubbing.

I struggle quite a bit with schooling her for several reasons.
1- I am a perfectionista too. And we feed each other. Somedays, its insane.
2- Because I don't know how to handle my own tendencies with much grace, its difficult to help her do it too.
3- I have an almost 3 year old son running around. Although, I guess I can't blame Abby for that, haha.

But today I stumbled across this blog post, and I think I see hope. I suggest you read it if you have a child who struggles with not "getting" it on the first try, or who won't try things they don't think they can do, or who breaks down in uncontrollable tears with any little failure. There is a light at the end of this tunnel. You just aren't there, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment