Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Confession

So I am going to admit something.

I'm a little scared of being in pain during labor. Because I felt pain with both my previous labors (duh). And even though I know most of the bad pain I felt was when I was forced to lay down and not when I was doing what my body said...well. I'm still a little scared. Because I've never actually made it through either of my births without giving in to pain meds, so I am a little fearful I'm not going to be able to handle it. But, really, I know I can. And I know I will. And now that I've admitted this fear, I can face it.

Right?

And it is way too early for me to be worried about labor pain. Geez I know it is. But all this talk of birth centers and doctors and midwives has my mind just all kinds of worked up. Plus being awake and overtired doesn't help any, I'm sure!

But really, as a side note. Even though I have some normal fears, and I have some stressful decision making, and I am so exhausted and feeling sick and tired of being sick and tired, I am so happy to be having another baby. So very happy! And who wouldn't be? It's a baby! So many people I know have new little ones in their arms that were born in the last month or so. I love seeing the pictures of the tiny babies. They're still "squishy". Abby and Will have long ceased being squishy. We could always use more squishy around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment