Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hooray! It's Thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!! I hope you are all blessed with a beautiful day, surrounded by your loved ones and delicious food! Don't forget to be thankful for everyone in your life today, and for all the things that God has blessed you with. I've had a rough morning, but I keep reminding myself of all the amazing blessings God has given me! He is so good!
I am off to go finish up my assigned foods for the year, but before I do, let me finish off with my Thankful Thursday post, on this day of all days to be thankful! =o)

Today I am so very thankful:
1. For my husband. I love him dearly, even when he makes me so mad I want to punch him. He makes me laugh, he gave me 2 beautiful children, with #3 on the way, and he works so hard to provide us with everything we need and more. He is a good man, he loves Jesus, and he puts up with me. I am so very thankful for that!
2. For my Abby. We are very much alike, and we butt heads constantly, but she has taught me so much and is probably one of the best big sisters in the world! She is such a little mom, and her heart and empathy for others is huge. She loves justice, she thinks everyone should be happy and loved, and she is just a little bit crazy and silly. I've had to learn to adjust myself a lot because of her, and she has helped me many times in my faith. She has a deep understanding of things regarding faith just naturally, and her love for God is so sweet.
3. For my William. Oh this boy. He keeps me on my toes. He is nonstop, and while he is lacking the drama that came with Abby, his rambunctious and hilarious personality has its own issues. When I am about at the end of my rope, his crazy funny antics relieve the pressure I am feeling and he gives me a moment to restart. He loves people, but in a different way than Abby. His is not nurturing so much as it is a lightening. He is so random and funny, and I don't know how I would get through my days sometimes without his humor.
4. For this new little one we are expecting. I get so excited thinking about what this baby will look like, will be like, what new dimension and blessings (and stress, haha) will be added to this family with the addition of this new babe. I am so thankful that this baby is a result of my husband's decision to follow the church's teaching about life and children, and that we were so quickly blessed with another child for our family after his heart and mind were changed. This baby, to me, is a confirmation of the gift of life.
5. For family and friends who love us and have supported us in all the changes we have been experiencing lately. With our faith, with our family, with our upcoming move, just everything. It has been such a blessing to feel loved and supported by so many.
6. That we have a home to be moving to in the new year. The space and yard will be such a blessing to my entire family, and I think it will help me a lot in managing my home and in learning to accept some things about my vocation in life that have been difficult for me. It will undoubtedly be more work for all of to have an actual home to maintain, but the benefits and joys it brings will far outweigh any of the things that might make it more work.
7. For a beautiful day to spend with family, and that we can all be together. That my husband is blessed with a job where we know holidays will always be off and he will be home with us, and that we can all be together to celebrate and be a family.
8. For family traditions and delicious food. Eating the same thing every year, and knowing what to expect, just feels so homey and comforting, and I am really appreciating that more as I get older.
9. For my crock pot being areeable, and holding up to one more day of cooking - it has a crack in it that I noticed this morning, but I think its pulling itself together for me today. =o)
10. That I am blessed with more than enough. Now I pray that I will remember that even after this day of Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment