Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Let the Holidays Begin...

I don't know about you, but for me as soon as Halloween hits, the holidays just hit and fly by! Time speeds up and everyone is busy preparing, visiting, shopping, baking. Ah this time of year makes me smile. All the wonderful smells and the comforts of the holidays.

Doesn't it all feel magical? Like you are a little child again? When I was a kid though, I looked forward to different things. Now that I am older I appreciate the tradition, the smells, the feelings. But the magic still lingers. Something about this time of year just feels comforting, like home surrounds me.

We will be preparing for Thanksgiving soon. I have made a bigger deal out of Thanksgiving the past couple of years, and will even more this year. We sing Thanksgiving songs and hymns, and we make a "Tree of Thanks" - although this year I think I am going to change thank up and maybe do a basket or something. Not really sure. But we will start that next week. I am so excited for Thanksgiving dinner - even though this year I will be making several things so it will be more work for me, haha. Next year we may even be hosting it in our own home, so I think it definitely will be good practice for me!

Anyway, we've been listening to this song today, and I really like this arrangement. I don't know why, because usually with hymns I'm pretty traditional, but this one I just really like, and I think it makes me happy to see the kids enjoying it as well. Usually when I am listening to hymns there is groaning and people leave the vicinity...I guess I am a bit old fashioned in some but not all of my music tastes.


What are you doing to prepare for Thanksgiving? Is it a big deal, or just a practice Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment