Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

A sad day for Abby...

Abby has pet rats. She loves them and cuddles them and plays with them. Its too cute. But this morning we found that Penny the rat had died sometime during the night. I had noticed over the past month or so, that there were some tumors (in both her rats). I talked to Abby about them, and we knew it was a possibility that one or both could pass sometime soon. I guess we just weren't expecting it to be today, or so soon. Last night Penny seemed fine, but I guess that is how it often is. We got them as older rats, so even from the beginning we knew they wouldn't be with us for that long. Abby is just having a really hard time, understandably. I'm not sure how to comfort her, so I just hold her while she cries. She is holding the other rat now, Callie, because she thinks it will make her feel better. I hope so. I tried the dogs, and they didn't bring her any comfort. So maybe holding Penny's little friend will bring her some peace. Adam is back at work today. So I had to handle the cleanup alone. It was unpleasant, but at least Abby wasn't there to see all of that. Its a sad day. I'm not sure what to do. So we will just go about our day, and Abby can lay down and cry and do whatever she needs to do today. My poor sweet girl.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your sweet little darling. My children know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet (we lost our dog Ellie VERY unexpectedly) and I will ask them to pray for Abby.

    Be strong, Momma! Our job is sure not for the weak.

    ReplyDelete