Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Running!

My super amazing daughter ran in her first ever 5K on Saturday. I do have pictures, but I'm on the laptop so am unable to share them right now. I will edit them in later!

We are SO proud of her. She came in 14th place for her age group (which is amazing, because there were a TON of girls her age running in the race because she is part of a large girls running group that has groups all over the city, and every group in the city was at this race. We were so proud! She completed the race in 32:21. Woohoo!!! That's so awesome! That is 3.1 miles in 32 minutes! She is running a 10.5 minute mile. Whew. Makes me tired just thinking about it. ;o)

But, she LOVED the race. She wants to race again. So we are looking for one in December and one of us will run it with her. I guess its a good thing, it will get me out there running again! I am going to try to get out there early tomorrow before Adam goes to work to get a run in. Abby hasn't been feeling well since yesterday, so she won't start practicing again until she is feeling well again. Wish me luck, I might not make it back, lol!

Turns out that Adams boss ran in the same race as Abby. Adam knew he was running in a race that day for his daughter's Catholic school, but Adam didn't realize that Abby's race was for a Catholic School. We didn't see him there, but Adam confirmed yesterday that it was the same race. Wonder if Abby beat Adam's boss, hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment